Monday, January 26, 2009

3 Easy "Go Green" Tips

I am going to share a few things I do at home to "go green":

1. I recycle newspaper, magazines, junk mail, old telephone books, and used paper. I use brown paper sacks from the grocery store to keep them in (and it gets recycled too!). I stop at a local green & yellow container for recycling and throw them in. I average one brown sack everyother week and I pack it full.

2. I recycle and reuse plastic shopping bags. I take one large one (like from Toys R Us or Kohls) and fill it up with as many as I can. Then as I walk into my local Wal-Mart, I drop them in their recycling box. I keep a handful of plastic bags at home to reuse. For example, I use them as a trash bag in my small trash can next to the baby's changing table for diaper duty.

3. I try to find a way to repurpose the plastic bags that many items like baby towels and washcloths, or comforters and blankets, come in. Many have zipper enclosures. I used the small size (Dwell Studio baby washcloths came in) in my diaper bag. I put all of our health care items in it. So that way, they are all contained together, and in case of a leak, it won't get all over the diaper bag and contents. I also have used a larger size, that a mattress pad came in, for storage of Eli's baby toys that he isn't old enough to play with yet.

Well, that's all you get for now! I can't share all of my tips at once! I have to have more to write about later!

No comments:

Post a Comment